Welcome

Welcome to Briarly Hill!

These are the musings and ponderings of the Artist from Briarly Designs, an online store of unique, handmade, sterling silver jewelry. I invite you to check out some of the pieces I've made and let me know what you think. Go to: www.briarlydesigns.com

Enjoy!

P.S. - A lot of people come here looking for the whimsical "Shipping & Returns" policy my husband wrote. If you don't see it below, you'll find it in the archives under July 5, 2007.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blog with fail sauce

Blog with fail sauce...
Or, fail sauce on my biscuit as my son Kabob would say.
I have been meaning to write something epic since January. I am not a writer, daughter Breezy Boo is. But, now that she is in Happy Valley going to college I have no one to edit my atrocious grammar. So, I have to do this all on my own. Spell check I love you!
We had to move in December, not my favorite thing to do, or to do in a snow storm… make that blizzard. The upside is I have a bigger space for my studio; the down side is it is in the basement and is a throw-back from the 70’s, I guess for that matter so am I.
So, I have begun the gutting of the studio. Ripping out the grungy carpet, plastering the brown paneled walls and giving the 1960’s asphalt tile found under the said grungy carpet a face-lift. Slow process given that I have a quick start personality. If I can’t complete a project in short amount of time I lose focus and interest. (My husband hates this; he is a one project at a time guy.) I find I have this same problem in jewelry making. I usually have no less than five projects going at one time. With so many projects going at once, I can work on any piece I choose whenever it suits my fancy. It all works out until I have non-jewelry projects like fixing the studio, spinning, felting and sewing taking over my studio space. Alpaca flying, beads and paint everywhere. When all this chaos hits in the very thick of things, what happens? You guessed it… I usually get an idea for a new jewelry piece.

No comments: